We have long been a leader in providing quality, inquiry-based science education resources and professional development. We know the education environment is changing – tomorrow’s students will need different skills, knowledge and abilities. As the needs of schools are evolving, we are also evolving to continue to provide teachers and students with the best science resources available.
In the next year we will be:
- Providing districts and schools with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Curriculum Guides that pair with our current units. Our units will continue to meet the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards, but the guides will assist the schools that are investigating or changing to NGSS.
- Piloting new units to meet the needs of districts moving ahead with NGSS.
- Updating unit resources, including new edition teacher and student guides and investigating different online resources.
- Continuing Engineering is Elementary (EIE) piloting. EiE is a hands-on engineering kit, developed by the Museum of Science, Boston, which helps children in grades 1-8 develop engineering and technological literacy.
- Providing teachers with high-quality professional development that strengthens science knowledge, encourages scientific literacy, and promotes engineering in the classroom.
We are working with different partners like Carolina Biological and various schools to move our curriculum forward. As new things become available we will be focusing on piloting and adding those science units to our unit line-up.
We welcome input as we strive to meet the changing needs of science education. Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns.